Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Re: Football

Post by John Pickup »

Wednesday were rubbish for the second successive match. Wolves missed two open goals, hit the post and had a perfectly good penalty shout turned down. Our midfield plays so deep it's a wonder it doesn't drown.
My prediction that Brighton will win the league is looking good. :D
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

John Pickup wrote:Our midfield plays so deep it's a wonder it doesn't drown:D
Great quote, John! :lol: :lol: Just hope it's a blip & that they'll come back stronger! :D
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Great results for the Seagulls and the Baggies, Number 6 and John. :D

Sorry that they're were poor results for the Owls and Forest.
John Pickup wrote: Our midfield plays so deep it's a wonder it doesn't drown.
A great quote indeed!

A few years ago, when Brighton were having a bad season, the commentator on local radio described the Seagulls as "having less composure than a dog on a skateboard". This comment has always amused me, especially as it was so true at the time.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

Sometimes radio commentators come out with some great one-liners. My favourite was heard on Radio Sheffield when we were playing Bolton away a couple of seasons ago. Their centre forward had two free headers in quick succession and missed the target with both. The commentator said, "He's got a head like a sheriff's badge". :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A great comment, John. :lol: :lol:
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

Eddie,

Brighton and Hove Albion, had a great 2 - 0 win over Milton Keynes Dons, yesterday. :) And Brighton are still top of the Championship league. :D The results for our game against Middlesbrough, haven't been posted on The Owls' website yet.

The Blades had a great 4 -2 win over Southend United. And The Blades are still top of Division 1. My Dad's gonna be happy about that. :D

Update:

The Owls lost 3 - 0 to Middlesbrough, in The Emirates FA Cup. :(
Last edited by Bannerman65 on 08 Jan 2017, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

West ham vs Man City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwquoWTdC7U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

Very nice, Petus. :) Very nice. :)
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Great clip, Pete. :lol:

Brighton's result was a good one, Bannerman. :D Sadly, both the Baggies and the Owls were beaten in their FA Cup matches. :cry:

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

And the less said about Forest's effort against Wigan the better!! Several fans from various Championship clubs have recently contacted me & all of them said that the Reds were the worst team they'd played this season! I think I don't need to say owt more! :roll:

Certainly good result for the Seagulls & Sheff Utd :D but a bad day at the office for the Baggies & the Owls! :cry:

Great clip, Pete. You've got to have a larf, ain't ya?! Wonder if those two are available to play for Forest this coming Saturday? :lol:
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I'm sorry that Forest were beaten by Wigan, Number 6. I had expected them to win or draw. The FA Cup is such an umpridictable competition, but this makes it interesting. I was hoping that Stourbridge would get through to the 4th round and they were so close. Ah, well...

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Yes, you're right, Eddie. The FA cup is very unpredictable, indeed. I just wanted Forest to use the game to get back on winning ways, but they were extremely poor. Wigan had 12 shots on target..& that was just in the first half! We were bad all over the pitch. Same old story. Wigan are in the relegation zone & we are only a few points above them! I can't see things improving with our present manager. :cry:
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

Neither can I, Number 6. I see you would have got an away draw against Manchester Utd if you'd beat Wigan.
We would have been drawn at home against Accrington Stanley. Oh well. Let's concentrate on the league.
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Brighton have been drawn away against the winners of Ipswich and Lincoln. Not a very interesting draw! :cry:

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Well, no, not a great draw, Eddie, but at least the Seagulls should progress to the next round. If Forest had beaten Wigan, we would be playing Man Utd away!! :shock: