Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Football

Post by Eddie Muir »

Sad to see Forest beaten by Newcastle this evening, Number 6. Unfortunately, Brighton's match against Cardiff was postponed due to fog and they are now in second place in the Championship after Newcastle!s win.

I hope the Owls manage to beat Preston tomorrow, John.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

Brighton still have their postponed game to play though, Eddie, so don't give up hope. I also noticed, that Brighton are only 1 point behind Newcastle. Brighton win their postponed game, and they move back up to first.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

We really let ourselves down again, Eddie! Their first goal was a wicked deflection. We managed to grab an equaliser & looked pretty solid defensively. Then the game changed, as we succumbed to another pointless sending off & they capitalised on our stupidity! Another suspension that we could well do without. We gave them the game, a gift we've given to many a Team this season! :roll:

Pity Brighton didn't play...& win. I'd rather have the points in the bag than have a game in hand! :D

Hope the Owls get the win today, John, & continue their climb up the table. :D
number 6

Post by number 6 »

A cracking result for the Baggies, Eddie...& a cracking goal from Robson-Kanu to help them to victory! :D

The Owls pulled a draw out of the bag on 90+4 mins, but that's a sign of a good side when you keep plugging away to the bitter end! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Yes, a great result for the Baggies, Number 6. I was pleased that the Owls managed to get a an equaliser in the 94th minute. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

The Owls were very fortunate. The last minute goal was their first shot on target. A win would have seen us go third in the table. I shall be at Hillsborough on Monday for the visit of Wolves, West Brom's arch-enemies.
Forest need to sort themselves out, Number 6.
Society Member
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

I can only hope, John Pickup, that we'll be successful.

Also, The Blades had a 1 - 0 win over Northampton, yesterday. And they are now top of the 1st Division. The Blades play Bury, on Tuesday.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Forest couldn't sort their washing out, John! :lol: I'm afraid we're heading for the drop! A clueless manager & a team of individual players, some of which couldn't fight their way out of a soggy chip bag! :roll:

It doesn't matter if you play badly, have one shot on goal & score! A point is a point, & could just be the difference between success & failure come May! :D
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

A good result for Liverpool, yesterday evening, a 1-0 win over Manchester City.

Liverpool, stay second in the Premier League, and are also still top scorers, in the Premier League.

Good news, for me, and all other Liverpool fans, an episode (from 1977) of This Is Your Life (featuring a legendary Liverpool manager), which was long thought lost, was recently found, and has been uploaded to YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2M5VYPQsO4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More info, about the above episode of This Is Your Life - https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... nn-andrews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Yes, a good win for the Pool. Watched it on TV with my Brother...who is a City fan! :shock:
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A good win for Kidderminster Harriers yesterday against Worcester City. Here's hoping the Harriers gain promotion at the end of the season. :D

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Kidder are certainly doing well this season, Eddie. Do you think they've got enough to get promoted? I've not followed their results closely & I know nothing about the strength of their team, so I'm slightly in the dark. :D
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I'm off to Hillsborough later to watch Wednesday beat the Wolves. Well, that's the plan! :D
What's your feeling about Forest v Barnsley, Number 6? You need the points now.
Tough match for Brighton at Fulham, Eddie. I predict 2-2. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Harriers are second in the table, Number 6. Only the team finishing top get automatic promotion. Then the next four have to take part In play-offs. At present AFC Fylde are in pole position and are looking good, and so Kidderminster may have to be content with a play-off position. Good luck to Forest against Barnsley. :D

I hope the Owls beat Wolves today, John. I agree that Brighton have a tough match at Fulham, but I'm hoping we get the full three points - and hoping that Newcastle come a cropper at Blackburn. West Brom take on Hull at home and with any luck will get another win. :D

I hope that you're enjoying this post, if you're reading it, Courtenay. :wink:

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

A fantastic result for Brighton, Eddie! Despite not playing well at all, they managed to weather the storm & come away with the points! With Newcastle's surprise defeat, the victory is more the sweeter! :D
Kidder are sitting pretty. Hope they get promotion. A great result for the Baggies as well.

Dropped points for the Owls today, John. Still lying 6th in the table, though. Had did they play? Did they deserve to come away with the 3 points? :?:

Forest were shocking, absolutely dire. We didn't even register a shot on target...& we were the home side!! The more the game went on, the more likely Barnsley would snatch the win...which they did! We lie 20th, a few points above the drop! :cry: