Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: Football

Post by number 6 »

I was actually hoping that the Seagulls may be rather fatigued with their valiant effort against Newcastle in midweek, Eddie! I truly believe this was the case. We were extremely lucky. Our first goal was blatantly offside, no matter if Assombalonga got the final touch or not. The second was a goalkeeping error & the third was a 'iffey' penalty! If I were a ref, I wouldn't have given the first or third goals! However, the visitors still missed a few opportunities which would've got them back in the game. Despite this set-back, I think Brighton will still get promoted. This is only a blip. Every team goes through it. Your destiny is in your own hands! :D

A fantastic result for the owls. I'am still optimistic they will remain in the play off's. If they do, & Brighton get promoted, then I think I should take up gambling!!!! :D
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Typical. I spend a few days in the Lake District with Erika and miss the best performance of the season from the Owls. The danger to the Owls play-off hopes comes from Fulham whom we play at home in the last game of the season!
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I'm sorry you missed the match on Saturday, John. What a great result! However, I hope that you and Erika had a great time in the Lake District. :D
Last edited by Eddie Muir on 06 Mar 2017, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

Thanks, Eddie, we had a super break.
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Glad you enjoyed your break in the Lake District, John! A beautiful place to visit at any time of the year! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I totally agree, Number 6. The Lake District is a great place to visit. I'm glad to hear that you and Erika had a super break there, John. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

Another round of Championship football tonight. Brighton should return to winning ways at Rotherham and I'm hoping Leeds take a point from Fulham who are chasing the last play-off spot. Owls at home to Burton and Forest at home to Brentford. Good luck to all our teams. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Mixed fortunes last night, John and Number 6: a win for the Seagulls, a draw for the Owls and sadly a defeat for Forest.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Normal service has resumed for Forest, Eddie! One great performance, followed by a possible flurry of defeats...as usual! :roll:
Good to see the Seagulls back on track. Another 3 points towards promotion. A little disappointed the Owls didn't win, though. Burton are only a few points behind us & I was hoping they'd ship a few goals last night, but it wasn't to be. We play them on Saturday & I don't expect us to get anything from the game. :(
number 6

Post by number 6 »

A superb win against Derby last night, Eddie! Nice to see Brighton take another step towards the Premiership, & to see the Sheep receive a battering!!!! :D :D :D :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Thanks, Number 6. It certainly was a superb win for the Seagulls. Let's hope Newcastle have a bad day against Fulham this afternoon. Good luck to Forest at Burton and to the Owls at Villa Park. And not forgetting the Baggies visit to Goodison Park to play Everton. :D

Good luck to Lincoln City when they take on Arsenal today! Such a special occasion for Lincoln. :D

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

What a great day for the Seagulls, Eddie! Newcastle losing to Fulham is certainly a massive boost for your team's title dreams. :D
However, It's slightly dented the Owls own promotion hopes, but all is not lost. There is still a long way to go & there's still a lot of points to play for. Anything can happen & it looks like it'll go down to the wire!

Forest are now only two points from the drop after losing to Burton! We lack fight, passion & desire..three main ingredients to get us out of trouble. Oh well, "Always look on the bright side of life'! :roll:
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

The Owls were without Hutchinson, Lees and Forestieri today, all injured and probably the best three players in the squad. We play Reading at home next Friday night and this game is now massive. We have Newcastle to come to Hillsborough and we entertain Fulham on the last day of the season. It's in our own hands!
Well done Brighton, I still believe they will be champions this season.
Forest need to string a couple of wins together but I suspect that confidence there isn't very high.
42 minutes gone at Arsenal and it's still 0-0. Come on Lincoln.
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A great weekend for the Seagulls, Number 6 and John. I didn't think that Newcastle would lose to Fulham. I was sorry to see that both Forest and the Owls suffered defeats this afternoon. A bad day for the Baggies, but a good win for Kidderminster Harriers.

Still 0-0 as I write. Come on Lincoln! :)

Society Member
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.

Post by Lenoir »

The Gunners managed to win, but I see Spurs won their tie by an even bigger margin.
Only the big clubs left in it now, but it was valuable experience for the Lincoln players.