Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: Football

Post by number 6 »

A good night for Forest & the Owls tonight! I had to have a lie down to recover from the shock of the Reds keeping a clean sheet! The Owls did well to come from a goal down to nick it with a 2-1 win. :D
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Two welcome wins, Numbef 6 and John. You must both be very pleased, :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Brentford were a good side, I can't believe they are next to bottom of the table. Our win was marred by a serious injury to a Brentford player at the very end resulting in a fifteen minute delay. Thankfully, the player is out of danger.
Good win for Forest, Number 6, Simon Grayson is now favourite to be the first manager to be sacked in the Championship as Sunderland slip even further.
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

I can't believe that Brentford have started the season so bad, John. They're a very good, skilful side with plenty of talented players. I can only put it down to their pre-season preparations...(or is it just plain bad luck?). I'm glad their injured player is ok.
As for Simon Grayson, I get the feeling that the players are'nt playing for him. They seem to be very lacklustre, short of ideas & low in confidence. I agree with you, their manager looks like he'll be shown the door quite soon! :|
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I'm hoping that the Seagulls get another three points at Bournemouth tomorrow evening. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Should be a good game, Eddie. It's a great opportunity for Brighton to take advantage of Bournemouths poor form. However, I think the home side will come out with all guns blazing & they'll try to get an early goal. If the Seagulls can keep them out for the first 20 mins, stifle them & unsettle the home crowd, then I think they'll go on & bag the three points. I may pop out to the pub to watch the game & have a few beers. Purely for medicinal purposes, of course! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

It should be a good game indeed! I hope you're right about the result, Number 6. Enjoy your medicinal beers. :lol:

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

I was nearly right, Eddie! I honestly thought that Brighton would go on to win the game once they took the lead, but I guess they took their foot off the pedal & allowed the Cherries to come back at them. Three points allowed to be wrestled away from them! :|
I think the Owls should get the points today, but I'm not sure about Forest. Will our creaky defence hold firm against Wolves quick strikers? We need a bit of luck, I'm afraid! :|

PS: My Medicinal Beers worked wonders, Eddie! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A disappointing result, Number 6. Let's hope the Seagulls fare better against Newcastle in their next match (at home).

Glad to hear that your medicinal beers worked wonders. :D

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Yes, a disappointing result, Eddie. However, I did predict defensive errors would cost us the game..& they did! It'll cost us more dearly come the end of the season if they don't sort the defence out! :roll:

The Owls were so close to an away win, but unluckily conceded in injury time. They were under the cosh in the last 10 mins, but I thought they'd hang on. I did predict they'd win...so, sorry John, it's my fault!! :|

I hope Brighton take the three points against Newcastle, Eddie. They need to win their home games. :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Disappointing results today for both Forest and the Owls, Number 6. I had hoped that West Brom would get three points from their home match against West Ham, but they had to settle for just one. :cry:

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Very disappointing to drop two points in the fifth minute of added time. We could have climbed to fourth place, now we're 9th. Next Sunday, a win is imperative, we are playing Sheffield United at home, whoever they are. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I thought the Owls had it in the bag, John. I felt for you when Cardiff got the equaliser. :cry:
John Pickup wrote:...we are playing Sheffield United at home, whoever they are. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

A frustrating 1-0 defeat for the Seagulls last night, Eddie! I really thought they would beat the Cherries this time round. They had a few good chances to do so, as well. :cry:
I can't see Forest beating Chelsea this evening, even if the Blues field several young/fringe players. I think we'll be lucky to get nil :lol:
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A frustrating defeat indeed, Number 6. Two defeats by Bournemouth in a week. :cry:

Interesting matches this evening: as well as Forest taking on Chelsea away, West Brom have Manchester City at home. :D

Society Member