Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Football

Post by Eddie Muir »

A very disappointing result for the Owls, :cry: but a very satisfying win for the Seagulls. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Wednesday got what they deserved - nothing. Poor defending, no pace up front and United made sure we didn't get the width to pull their three-man back line apart. But the biggest disappointment was the manger saying afterwards that the Wednesday players were nervous. 30,000 Wednesday supporters don't deserve an excuse like that. The United players weren't nervous, although technically inferior, they gave 100% and their effort paid off. Good luck to them. The young teenager, Brooks, was man of the match and rightly so.
Well done Brighton today. I believe they've got what it takes to stay up.
Forest are still a work in progress, Number 6. It's just a question of how long the work will take.
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Great result for the Seagulls, Eddie! Keep winning the home games & they should be ok. :D

I couldn't believe the the Owls score line, John! I fully expected them to have edged United out. I'd been in the Peak District all afternoon & only found out the score when I got home. Surprised was an understatement! However, this is only a blip. I still think they'll be up there come the end of the season! :D

You're right, Forest are a work in progress. However, there's no real quality in the defence. They're easily knocked off the ball, not solid enough & have a nasty habit of shooting themselves in the foot! They look like leaking goals every time the opposition go forward. Rather powder-puff, really! As I've said before, they need to sort things out quickly or they'll succumb to a lack of confidence, get in a bad rut & end up fighting for Championship survival... again! :roll:
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I also fully expected the Owls to beat the Blades, John and Number 6. Let's hope there are better things to come for both Wednesday and Forest. I'm also hoping the Baggies can beat Arsenal away this evening.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Arsenal are a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde side, Eddie. You never know, the Baggies could catch them on an off day! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Let's hope so, Number 6. :D

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Arsenal were more Hyde than Jekyll tonight, I'm afraid, Number 6. A very disappointing result for the Baggies! :cry:

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

I think the Baggies can count themselves a bit unlucky tonight, Eddie! They had a few good chances, inc one cleared off the line! On a another day, those kind of chances may have gone in. :|
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Oh dear! oh dear! ohhhh dear!! The same frailties came back to haunt Forest again, last night. Played well in the second half, but couldn't defend for toffee throughout! Our Manager still believes the system he's using is working. I beg to differ. The stats tell the story..4 straight defeats (that's 5 defeats in 6). We are very disjointed, inconsistent & losing our way in games. 5 wins, 6 defeats & no draws. Scored 13, conceded 18! On average, conceding 2 goals a game. 2 clean sheets so far. They've been very lucky to get the clean sheets & quite fortunate to get 3 of their 5 wins! :cry:
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Yes, a very disappointing result for Forest, Number 6. :cry:

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

The Owls are playing Birmingham away tonight and the manager has reacted to Sunday's capitulation to the Blades. Our keeper, Westwood, has been dropped and isn't even on the bench. Two of this season's stalwarts, Jones and Wallace also dropped. About time, too. We've got a big squad, let's use it!
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Let’s hope the Owls get three points against Birmingham tonight, John. :D As a bonus, let’s hope the Blades slip up against Wolves. :lol:

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Oh not, not the results we wanted, John. :cry:

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A good win for Forest against the Blades today, Number 6. Let’s hope the Owls get three points tomorrow against Leeds, John. Brighton have a tough match against Arsenal away tomorrow. The Baggies managed a draw against Watford this afternoon, which was a disappointing result as Albion were leading 2-0 after 37 minutes.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Very pleased with the result, Eddie, but disappointed that we had to hang on for long periods once again! Will we ever learn?! :roll: I imagine the result has put a smile on John's face, at least! :lol:

According to the reporter on Final Score, the Baggies were far from their best Today, so I suppose a draw was a good result in the end. The Seagulls face a big test away to Arsenal on Sunday, but I hope they defy the odds & come away with a valuable win. :D

It should be a good derby between the Owls & Leeds tomorrow. It's an hard one to predict! :?