Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Football

Post by Eddie Muir »

A very disappointing result for the Owls, Number 6. :( Let's hope they have better luck next season, John.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Huddersfield were the better team over two legs and deserve to play Reading at Wembley. What rankles with many Owls fans is that Jordan Rhodes, Wednesday's most expensive signing at £10 million and supposedly our star striker, didn't feel up to taking a penalty. His job is to score goals. He let the team and the fans down.
I predict that the manager, Carlos Carvalhal will go quite quickly with probably Alan Pardew replacing him. After two consecutive years of failure in the play offs, Wednesday must do as Brighton did this season and ensure automatic promotion.
Good luck to Brighton next season and I hope that Forest sort out their ownership difficulties and join the Owls in the race for the Championship in 2017/18.
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

John Pickup wrote: Good luck to Brighton next season and I hope that Forest sort out their ownership difficulties and join the Owls in the race for the Championship in 2017/18.
Thanks for your good luck wishes, John. It's good to see you posting on this thread again. I also hope that Forest sort out their ownership difficulties and join the Owls in the face for the Championship next season. Good luck to both teams. I'll be following their progress with great interest in 2017/18.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

I can see your point regarding Rhodes. John. He certainly needed to step up to the plate & take a penalty. After all, it's what he's paid for! Seems very strange that a forward would give up the opportunity to score a goal, whether it's from open play or from the penalty spot! Maybe confidence deserted him, it's hard to say. I wish the Owls the best of luck for next season & hope they finally reach the Premiership! :D
number 6

Post by number 6 »

The 2017/18 fixture list for the Premiership have been released, Eddie, & I see the mighty Seagulls are at home to Man City on the opening day (Aug 12th). That'll be a great opener, for sure! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I've just been looking at the fixtures for both the Seagulls and the Baggies, Number 6. Most interesting. :D

Society Member
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

I've been perusing the Premiership fixtures too, but I can't find Sheffield Wednesday in them. Oh well, maybe next time.
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I really hope that the Owls make it next season, John. I'll be following their progress and Forest's with great interest. :D

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Nice one, John! We can only live in hope that the Owls & Forest make at least the play-offs this coming season. However, In Forest's case, I think we won't achieve this goal. We need time to rebuild under our current Manager & new owners.
It's going to be an interesting season for all of our respective clubs! :D
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Well, the 2017/18 Championship fixtures were released this morning. On the opening day...Sat 5th August, Forest face Millwall at home & Sheff Weds are away to Preston. Forest play the Owls on Sat 9th Sept (A) & on Tues 26th Dec (H). The Owls play fierce local rivals Sheff Utd on Sat 23rd Sept (H) & Sat 20th Jan (A). Looks like it's going to be an interesting season, John! Let's hope our respective teams do well & push for the play-off's...at least! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Thanks for the information, Number 6. I hadn't realised that the Championship fixtures had been released. I shall have a good look at them later today. Good luck to Forest and the Owls. :D

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Thanks, Eddie! Hoping the Reds come good under the new Manager & Owners! :D
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

The new Championship season kicks off six weeks on Saturday. That soon?
By the way, Number 6, I can't remember the last time Wednesday were beaten on Boxing Day. Hope that record continues. :D
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

I'll try & get the Boxing Day fixture re-arranged, John!!!! :lol: :wink:
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series

Post by Wolfgang »

I'm contemplating to watch the game between Chile and Germany tomorrow evening - I have to sleep well from Sunday to Monday, but I'm not sure if watching it is beneficial for that...
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.