Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Football

Post by Eddie Muir »

number 6 wrote:Well, no, not a great draw, Eddie, but at least the Seagulls should progress to the next round. If Forest had beaten Wigan, we would be playing Man Utd away!! :shock:
What a shame Wigan won. That would have been a great draw for Forest, Number 6.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Well, I suppose not playing Man Utd will save us from a humiliating battering, Eddie! :lol:
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Forest sack their manager, lie 20th in the league, 2pts from a possible 22, are only 5pts above the relegation zone & the takeover of the club has collapsed! Unfortunately, the person who is responsible for the chaotic plight of the club still remains as chairman! Doh! :roll:

Bad day at the office, Eddie! Still, it's not the end of the World for the seagulls & they should bounce back quickly. One defeat in 19 games is good going. They're still second, so no real damage done. The Baggies were beaten by a good Spurs side, so no shame there. :|

A good day for the Owls. They're sitting nicely in the play off positions. They need to keep the momentum going now & try not to drop too many points in the next few months. :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

It certainly was a bad day at the office for the Baggies and the Seagulls, Number 6. :cry: It was a good day for the Owls, who are on course for the play-offs and it was nice to see Forest get a point away at Birmingham. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Match Of The Day this coming Friday January 20th on Sky Sports live.
Brighton v Sheffield Wednesday. I would take a point now.
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A match to look forward to, John. :D

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Eddie, it's a bit of a shock to hear that one of Brighton's young defenders has an heart condition & will miss the rest of the season. I think his name is Conner & he's only 24 years old! I hope it's not a long term problem & he gets it sorted ready for next season!
A bit of a stutter for the Seagulls at the moment, which was bound to come sooner or later. Just hope it's their last from now on! :D
Sheff Weds have nipped back into the play-off places, after some indifferent form. If they could find consistency from now on, I'm sure they'll remain firmly in the top 6. :D
Nice to see Forest pick up some much needed points, despite the off-field chaos. We had to replace our last manager to give us a chance of staying up! He just wasn't experienced in the rigours of Championship footie. He was a nice guy, but being nice doesn't win you games! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

It's certainly a shock to hear that Brighton's Connor Goodson has a hear defect at the age of 24, Number 6. I, too, hope that it's not going to be a long term problem. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

A bit of a stutter indeed for the Seagulls at present. As I write they are 2-0 down at Brentford. :cry: Good results for both Forest and the Owls over the weekend, Number 6 and John. :D

A good result for the Baggies too. :D

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Well, Brighton eventually managed a 3-3 draw at Brentford. :D

Society Member
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

All teams hit a bad spell sometime during a season and Brighton look to be having theirs. Sorry to hear about young Goodson and his heart condition. At least it was found before tragedy struck on the field.
I still tip Brighton to be champions, Newcastle look fallible to me and Benitez isn't happy with the lack of transfer activity.
Forest should be safe but I wasn't surprised that Nigel Clough turned them down, too much baggage there at the moment.
The Owls need to have a run of wins and the next few fixtures present that opportunity. I shall be there next Friday night to support them against Birmingham. :D
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

A point is better than none, Eddie! :D It's not like Brighton to concede so many goals in a game, so they need to sort that out! It's a good job that Newcastle have dropped points recently, too, & that teams around the Seagulls have also failed to take advantage of the situation! I still think they'll get promoted, though. :D

I agree, John. The Owls need to go on a good run to help cement a play-off place. They've got the talent there to do it, but they've just not been consistent enough. I'm still confident, though, that they'll be in the top 6 at the end of the season! :D

I knew Nigel Clough wouldn't come to Forest. He's a loyal lad. He knew in his heart that he had to stop at Burton & help them avoid relegation, repaying the faith his Chairman has put in him! However, it was a close call. It was an heart wrenching decision not to take the Forest job.
We've got two good chaps in charge at the mo & they've stamped their authority on the team, getting them to play as a unit & not as individuals! :D
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Good results for Brighton & Sheff Weds. The Seagulls gained another valuable 3 points towards automatic promotion, & the Owls exposed the usual frailties of Forest to get a firm foot in the play off spots.

If the Reds don't get a result against relegation rivals Burton Albion in their next game, then I honestly can't see them escaping the trapdoor! Darn my predictions! :roll:
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

Forest won't go down, Number 6.
Four wins on the trot for the Owls and Brentford at home on Tuesday night. Watch out, Eddie, we're right behind you. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I don't think Forest will go down either, Number 6. :D

Great results for both the Seagulls and the Owls, John. I'm hoping that Sheffield Wednesday will be promoted with Brighton and Newcastle at the end of the season. :D

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Brilliant results yesterday for the Owls and Forest, John and Number 6. You must both be over the moon. :D

A poor day for the Baggies, the Seagulls and Kidderminster Harriers! :cry:

Society Member