International Women's Day

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Re: International Women's Day

Post by Darrell71 »

Rob Houghton wrote: In fact, boys being 'better' at some things than girls was an attitude that still persisted in my school in the 1970's! :roll:
It still largely exists. Whatever anyone may say or believe, gender biases still exist, they are strong. Officially, women can do almost anything men can, and men can do almost anything women can. Note the almost in both cases, coz there are some things that one sex simply cannot do, I said one sex and not one gender because it is about the differences in anatomy that I am talking. Anyways, the point being that we are not really equal, be it anywhere in the world, however developed a country, gender biases exist. Women's day is still important, simply because they still exist, and it's not looking like it'll change any time soon. :(
You can call me Sunskriti!
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

That reminded me, Sunskriti, of something I was reading yesterday about a man who did a "gender swap" with his female colleague (just in correspondence with clients) and was appalled at what he learned from it... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-39230710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Scroll down past the "Babies videobomb dad's live TV interview" part! :wink: I did find a longer article on another website that covered the gender swap story in more detail, but it had a number of rude words in it that I wouldn't want to get in trouble for and that weren't actually essential to the story. :P )
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Sounds interesting Courtenay, will check it out for sure. :)
You can call me Sunskriti!