Time for Tea

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Favourite brand of tea?

Post by Courtenay »

Gosh-a-roonie, they have too. :shock: But I don't think drinking it is recommended...
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
KEVP

Post by KEVP »

I'm remembering a song we used to sing in school in the UK when I was 5. It had the line "What would we have to drink/if the sea was made of ink?"
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Would it be
"If all the world were paper,
And all the sea were ink;
If all the trees were bread and cheese,
How should we do for drink?
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
floragord
Favourite book/series: THE FARAWAY TREE SERIES
Favourite character: Silky

Post by floragord »

Courtenay wrote:Gosh-a-roonie, they have too. :shock: But I don't think drinking it is recommended...
Could be an acquired taste :wink: . But I can see myself taking a swig of earl grey tea, dipping my pen in earl grey ink and inscribing Christmas cards with remarkable manual dexterity... For a wonderful stationery collection for the written rather than the tapped word http://www.TheWritingDesk.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is hard to beat
"Its a magic wood!" said Fanny suddenly.
KEVP

Post by KEVP »

Something like that Daisy, but the words I was taught were a little bit different.

Probably one of those folk songs that has many different variants.
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I remembered it as
"If all the world were paper
and all the sea was ink,
If all the earth was bread and cheese,
What would we have to drinK?

But googling it I found this:

https://treasuryislands.wordpress.com/2 ... ere-paper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
floragord

Post by floragord »

It seems to be my week for variations on a theme of Earl Grey, for elevenses this morning the delightful Coffee for One by the river in Haverfordwest had a freshly made Earl Grey and Blackcurrant cake, with lovely lemon icing, went down well with a pot of, guess what :wink:
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

I do like a nice cup of tea. I think the water used to make the tea is important too.

When we make a cup of tea using tea bags from home in the holiday cottage we stay at in LLangeitho it tastes so much nicer than our normal brew.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

floragord wrote:It seems to be my week for variations on a theme of Earl Grey, for elevenses this morning the delightful Coffee for One by the river in Haverfordwest had a freshly made Earl Grey and Blackcurrant cake, with lovely lemon icing, went down well with a pot of, guess what :wink:
Oooh, sounds lovely. :D I'm just having a cup of Lady Grey right now myself (to wash down some delicious homemade Norfolk apple cake (made by a generous friend who has lots of apple trees).
pete9012S wrote:I do like a nice cup of tea. I think the water used to make the tea is important too.

When we make a cup of tea using tea bags from home in the holiday cottage we stay at in LLangeitho it tastes so much nicer than our normal brew.
I'm hoping to have a holiday in Wales some time, possibly next year, so will have to see if I notice any difference in the flavour when making tea! :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

I'm currently sipping an American Chocolate Brownie coffee, which is absolutely delicious and just what I need to see me through my evening of homework!
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Songs about tea... how about Binnie Hale - 'I like a nice cup of tea in the morning'?

An Irish friend of mine once told me he would like it to be played at his funeral, erm.. well. I wish that day is a long time in the future, but I do see his point.
So hell is a place where there is no tea, and if you really want to scare me... no Barry's.
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
floragord

Post by floragord »

floragord wrote:I was amused to read Diamine, who produce fountain pen ink, have a new range called
Earl Grey, available in 30ml and 80ml sizes - gives a whole new flavour to letter-writing :D
On the topic of letter-writing if not tea :wink: I was interested to see a TV news item this morning that an award winning letter writing project called "Writing Back" is winning huge numbers of people back to the art, though for some of us it never went away! Independent bookshops, home baking, lots of old favourites seem to be enjoying a new lease of life!
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Glad to hear it! :D I still keep a handwritten diary (blogging's not for me... it's for my own records and amusement, not intended to be public) and am about to start another year of it.

As for tea, I'm still happily addicted to Twinings China Rose and will probably take at least one box with me on my upcoming trip to Australia, since I'm not sure they sell it there. But then, they do have Twinings varieties in Australia that they don't have here, so it all evens out... 8)
Society Member

Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Here's some good news for environmentally-conscious tea lovers: PG Tips to switch to plastic-free teabags :D (Well, I don't drink PG Tips myself, but I know plenty of others do.)
Society Member

floragord

Post by floragord »

A tea brand I'd never heard of! - here in Vienna I asked for Earl Grey and was taken aback when the lady asked if I wanted to try Earl Grey Crème - thought bubble - uhhh, cream with Earl Grey :shock: ... turns out to be a black tea with a hint of vanilla - utterly delicious - from a new company called Bird & Blend, the things you have to go away from home to discover!, I'll have to learn more about them on my return 8)