What Are You Doing Now?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Re: What Are You Doing Now?

Post by John Pickup »

Congratulations Floragord on your wedding anniversary.
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary, Floragord — may there be many more to come! :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Happy Wedding Anniversary, Flora!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

Trying to catch up on the threads I've missed, I've been so busy the last three weeks I haven't had a chance to get on here, I bet I've missed loads :( :x . Real life is a pain at times :P .
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I know what you mean. If I am away for more than a day or so, I am always amazed at what is awaiting when I return.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

floragord wrote:Celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary, each year the occasion lasts longer and this time has continued since Easter and the jollies are planned to last until the bank holiday weekend is over :D
Have a wonderful celebration, floragord! :D
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

CONGRATULATIONS Flora!!!! :D
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Congrats on the 33 years! Longer than most life sentences! ;-)
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
floragord
Favourite book/series: THE FARAWAY TREE SERIES
Favourite character: Silky

Post by floragord »

Rob Houghton wrote:Congrats on the 33 years! Longer than most life sentences! ;-)
Warmest thanks everyone, for your good wishes :D . Your comment reminded us of the movie SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET we saw last night, Rob, the hero (Brad Pitt) sent a message to his wife back in Austria to say two years in a prison camp was the equivalent of four years marriage to her... not just the start of a beautiful friendship :?
"Its a magic wood!" said Fanny suddenly.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Now that reminds me of an example from one of those collections of "church bulletin bloopers" that do the rounds sometimes...
Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on Oct. 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in school days.
:wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Relaxing after coming back from a hectic night journey from Rishikesh (where we went for rafting) to my city. First a long bus ride, then a flight home. But traveling is one of the funnest things about these camps. This rafting camp with my friends was ABSOLUTELY amazing, but 6 days is way too less, it was over almost before it started, and that's kinda sad, but in any case, had a TON of fun, and rafting is so thrilling!! :shock: :D :D :D And now soon it's off to Italy. :D :D Yay!
One different experience this time around at the camp was the other people with us. We had a large group, had a ton of fun and let ourselves be free. All the others were from a convent called St.Mary's, (sorry, Floragord, I know you went there too!), and a few other similar schools, and they were rich, spoilt brats with expensive nail jobs, makeup, hairdos, fashionable clothes, (which is perfectly fine, but this was an adventure camp, for God's sake. :roll: ), fake accents, fake laughs, stick-your-bum-out-selfies, and fake friendships.
The company we went with is old and established, I've gone to 3 camps with them before, and we've always made new friends, but this time around, co incidentally all the other kids were as described above, and they even had the nerve to call us 'unrefined' when actually we just have good, solid fun, friendships, unlike their shallow selves. Well, something to be thankful for, then. I'm not sure if I explained that at all clearly.
You can call me Sunskriti!
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

It sounds as if you had great fun Sunskriti and it is a pity the other people there weren't able to feel as free as you to enjoy themselves in a natural and less self-conscious way. One wonders what they went on the adventure for!
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

People from a convent school wearing makeup and taking 'stick-your-bum-out' selfies?!!! :shock:
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
floragord

Post by floragord »

Courtenay wrote:Now that reminds me of an example from one of those collections of "church bulletin bloopers" that do the rounds sometimes...
Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on Oct. 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in school days.
:wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
floragord

Post by floragord »

Darrell71 wrote:Relaxing after coming back from a hectic night journey from Rishikesh (where we went for rafting) to my city. First a long bus ride, then a flight home. But traveling is one of the funnest things about these camps. This rafting camp with my friends was ABSOLUTELY amazing, but 6 days is way too less, it was over almost before it started, and that's kinda sad, but in any case, had a TON of fun, and rafting is so thrilling!! :shock: :D :D :D And now soon it's off to Italy. :D :D Yay!
One different experience this time around at the camp was the other people with us. We had a large group, had a ton of fun and let ourselves be free. All the others were from a convent called St.Mary's, (sorry, Floragord, I know you went there too!), and a few other similar schools, and they were rich, spoilt brats with expensive nail jobs, makeup, hairdos, fashionable clothes, (which is perfectly fine, but this was an adventure camp, for God's sake. :roll: ), fake accents, fake laughs, stick-your-bum-out-selfies, and fake friendships.
The company we went with is old and established, I've gone to 3 camps with them before, and we've always made new friends, but this time around, co incidentally all the other kids were as described above, and they even had the nerve to call us 'unrefined' when actually we just have good, solid fun, friendships, unlike their shallow selves. Well, something to be thankful for, then. I'm not sure if I explained that at all clearly.
Neverrrr, convent girls misbehaving!! :wink: I'm sorry the St Mary's group were a little trying, probably not used to camping and roughing it!, regretfully we were also considered rich, spoilt brats in our days there :oops: sadly selfies of any variety didn't exist.... but glad the rafting camp was good though, Sunskriti, it must have been huge fun! I love Rishikesh, my uncles used to take us on fishing trips there long, long ago :D