Seen any strange items on ebay?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Seen any strange items on ebay?

Post by pete9012S »

Whilst looking at some Enid Blyton books on ebay I decided to check out what other items this particular ebayer was selling....

To my surprise he was selling a few bars of Peanut Butter Chunky Kit Kat special edition).
That seems like a strange item to put on ebay I thought...A little research then revealed there are a number of people selling the Peanut Butter Kit Kat on ebay! :shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... Categories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must admit,when the special edition came out although I tried very hard to buy one,everywhere I went had already sold out!

Have you seen any strange items for sale on ebay??
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Re: Seen any strange items on ebay?

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I have just had a very strange message from Ebay myself, from the 'Ebay Loss Prevention Department'.

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

110829926595 - Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (DVD)

If you haven't yet paid for this item, we strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. If the seller asks you to continue with the sale after the item has been ended by eBay, the item won't be covered by eBay buyer protection. Purchases completed outside of eBay are extremely risky and highly susceptible to fraud.

What is strange about this email is that I received the DVD ten days ago and have already played it (lots of blood!).
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Last night I was on eBay and was shouting at all the sellers listing Dean reprints as rare first editions. Sadly there's nothing strange or unusual about that (the listings, that is, I'm well aware the shouting is a bit odd!)
Last edited by Fiona1986 on 19 Mar 2012, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Fatty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Little Bets

Post by Fatty »

Not me. Secondhand copies of a certain Personal Anecdotage don't seem to have found their way to eBay yet, but I presume it's only because few first-hand copies have been sold.
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

This might be considered odd... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENID-BLYTON-F ... 500wt_1054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Five on Kitten Island Again. I seem to have missed this one, perhaps it's the largely unknown 22nd book?
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Timmy would not have been impressed!
Society Member
Jill

Post by Jill »

Awwwwww I want to go to Kitten Island, sounds lovely :)

Like everything with the internet I am well behind the times, so apart from books don`t really use Ebay, but I recall my friend was having a browse and commenting some one was selling a bar of dove soap :!: My husband has just bought some used golf balls which I find strange, both why he would want used golf balls and why he would want to play golf at all to be honest :lol:
lwindrush
Favourite book/series: Famous five of course!
Favourite character: Dick, he is so me

Post by lwindrush »

It's annoying that my unwanted unloved Christmas presents to my sisters appeared on EBay several years ago, well annoyed!
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

I just looked at the cave of books and this is a real thing. It does look like Kitten though!
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Not helped by the misspelling of Kirrin as Kirren - Southern Television were obviously short of Blyton fans when they proof-read this!
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

It just shows that whoever sells these items, don't really know much about what they're selling!

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
7upromana01

Post by 7upromana01 »

It's not really their fault. It's the Publishers! If they are going to print a book or annual, they need to know how to spell it correctly. So don't blame the seller, blame the publisher!!
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Well the seller hasn't just copied the mistake from the cover. It should be Kirrin, but the book reads Kirren and the seller has written Kitten - so the seller is partly to blame!

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
7upromana01

Post by 7upromana01 »

But the ts look like rs
Abi.

Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Don't you mean the r's look like a t, Abi.

The Seller is obviously not well up on the product they are selling, as most fans know that the book is called Kirrin Island, and not kitten!!! So therefore the selling is in the wrong for not getting the facts right.

The publisher made one spelling error on an e instead of an i. The seller made a bitter mistake of using the wrong name altogether.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member