Last Song You Listened To

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Post by pete9012S »

Feeling Good - Nina Simone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h47slByX7jI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Courtenay wrote:Do you think we could all pop round on the big day and wish her a Happy Birthday, Eddie? :D :wink: What an amazing lady.
She is certainly an amazing lady, Courtenay. I'm sure that the occasion of her 100th birthday will be marked in a special way and will be reported in all the newspapers and on television. I'd love to be able to wish her a Happy Birthday if the chance presented itself. :D
number 6 wrote:Awww...bless her! Have you ever seen Vera wandering around in the local area where you live, Eddie? :D
I must admit that I've never seen her wandering about in my local area, Number 6. I think her public appearances are strictly limited these days.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Eddie, I should've said did you ever see Vera wandering round in the past...not recently! I wouldn't expect her to out & about on her own at 99! I'm gonna have to stop & think before I post! :roll:
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

She has lived in Ditchling since the early 1960s, Number 6, but I've never seen her in real life.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Wow! She will be 100 years old next year! I have this strong fascination with people who have long life. I have always wondered. their secret of having long life apart from genetic factor. I will look at recent death on Wikipedia from time to time to see who had lived more than 80 and above. :D
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Vera Lynn is certainly an amazing lady and a great talent. I own a couple of CDs of her music and play them often.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I also have a couple of her CDs which contain all her best known recordings, John. :D

Society Member
Domino

Post by Domino »

Jimmy Powell - Sugar Babe

http://www.dropshots.com/Domino43/date/ ... 1/16:04:28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jimmy Powell was born in Selly Oak, Birmingham, in 1942. In 1961, he joined The Rockin' Berries (before they became well-known) and went to Hamburg with them, where they had a residency at The Star Club. On their return to the UK, they were auditioned by Jack Good. He gave a recording contract to Powell as a solo act.
This was his debut disc. Actually it's the 'B' side, 'Sugar Babe Pt. 2' - Pt.1 was on the 'A' side. The lead guitar on this track is by Big Jim Sullivan. Two more releases followed, none of the three being hits. Decca dropped him.
In 1963 he relocated to London, where a group called the Dimensions successfully auditioned to be his backing group. They were now billed as Jimmy Powell and the Five Dimensions and secured a recording contract with Pye. The group already had a singer - Rod Stewart. Stewart was not happy with this and left the group at the end of the year. In 1964, Powell and the group split. His second release for Pye was a remake of 'Sugar Babe', on which Powell was backed by session musicians, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Clem Cattini. Powell then recruited a new backing group also called The Five Dimensions, whilst the original group continued for several months using the same name.
Powell's music career continued into the late 1970s. He died in 2016.

Dave
He called the greatest archers to a tavern on the green.

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Julian Lennon - Saltwater 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4AXdRtr_UQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series

Post by Wolfgang »

Yes, there was a time when some radio moderators tried to promote Julian Lennon, that's when I recorded three songs by him - "Help yourself", "Midnight Smoke" and "Saltwater". Haven't heard much of him though, later.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Johnny Cash - One Piece at a Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GhnV-6lqH8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D :D :D

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Great stuff, Pete. :D This was one of my Dad's favourite records.

Society Member
7upromana01
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

We Are The Champions - Queen.

Still one of my all-time favourite bands! God, the music people listen to these days is rubbish, I prefer older (or older sounding) stuff.
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

So do I Abi!!
I hate music nowadays. My uncle was surprised when I started talking to him about a singer from the 70's!
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
7upromana01
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

The only time I've listened to modern day pop was probably in 2010, but that was years ago now. I prefer listening to movie soundtracks, country music or rock music :D
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx