Last Song You Listened To

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Post by pete9012S »

Van Halen - Jump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYN7mTi6HM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Can anyone else still do the splits?) :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

pete9012S wrote: (Can anyone else still do the splits?) :D
No (actually, I never could in the first place :P ), but I've always loved that song — thanks, Pete. 8)
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Moonraker wrote:The just-released new deluxe version of Sgt Pepper's LHCB - to commemorate 50 years since first being released. Incredible - especially listening through headphones.
A great release, Nigel. :D
Eddie Muir wrote:Here's are two tracks from Chuck Berry's final album, simply entitled Chuck, which is due for release on 16th June. The first is Lady B. Goode and the second is Big Boys:

https://youtu.be/o5udGaUmC14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Zoh-apWRE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great stuff!
The new Chuck Berry CD, Chuck, is now due for release on 9th June.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Thanks to Nigel,I've been listening to this the new enhanced Sgt.Pepper today.Superb.
On 'A little help from my friends' Ringo's vocals and drums really stand out in the mix.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A truly superb mix on this Sgt Pepper's LHCB reissue. Highly recommended. :D

Wot no Chuck Berry fans? :cry:
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I like the new single, Lady B. Goode from the album, Eddie. He has such a unique sound.
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I agree completely, John. I'm really looking forward to getting the new Chuck CD next month. :D

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Eddie Muir wrote:Here's are two tracks from Chuck Berry's final album, simply entitled Chuck, which is due for release on 16th June. The first is Lady B. Goode and the second is Big Boys:

https://youtu.be/o5udGaUmC14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Zoh-apWRE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great stuff!
Great stuff indeed Eddie. Sorry for not replying sooner but I have been using my iphone for the past few days and playing the links uses too much data and I hate the sound off the phone anyway. Finally I get to play them properly.

I too am looking forward to Chuck's last album. I especially love Lady B Goode. It's a very clever update on "Johnny". Same riff and rhythm, a little slower, but with all the old guitar flair present and correct. A more mature version but just as rocking. Big Boys starts out with a very similar riff, one of Chuck's trademarks really but soon takes on it's own life. Both tracks auger well for the rest of the album. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

I'm glad you like the new Chuck Berry tracks, John. I think they are just great. :D

I've pre-ordered a copy of Chuck from Amazon. According to them, the release date is 9th June and the price of the CD is £9.99.

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Roman Holiday.. A tribute to Audrey Hepburn. This is a video put together by a YouTube viewer. The Song is called 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYuiP8QOfU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Eddie Muir wrote:
I've pre-ordered a copy of Chuck from Amazon. According to them, the release date is 9th June and the price of the CD is £9.99.
I will probably get mine from a local HMV. The CD is usually the same price but you don't have to pay postage. Since I live just a mile or two from a branch that usually is a better deal for me.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Good thinking, John. Sadly, the HMV shop in Brighton has closed down. :cry:

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

A musical journey — In the Steppes of Central Asia — with Russian composer Alexander Borodin. Lovely video with this recording too! :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Domino

Post by Domino »

The Honeybus - I Can't Let Maggie Go

https://www.dropshots.com/Domino43/date ... 1/15:22:39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The group consisted of Pete Dello (who wrote this song), Ray Cane, Colin Hare and Pete Kircher. Dello left the group rather than go on tour shortly after and was replaced by Jim Kelly. The drummer, Pete Kircher, left in 1970, to be replaced by Lloyd Courtenay. They broke up later in 1970, after their album failed to chart. They briefly reformed the following year and recorded a second album, which was never released.
They are remembered mainly for being Nimble! :wink:

Dave
He called the greatest archers to a tavern on the green.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I've got the album "Story" by Honeybus but the single wasn't on it. I read somewhere that this was the first single to chart which included a cello.
Society Member