Your favourite holiday location.

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
peppermint peppy

Your favourite holiday location.

Post by peppermint peppy »

Well, Ladies and Gentleman,I'm interested in knowing your favourite holiday locations.
Where do you wanna travel to? Do you prefer silence or activity in your hols? What's your favourite country? What do you need for good and recreative holidays?
I confess it's very nosy..... :oops:
As for myself I love Balearic Islands/Spain thoroughly.In my hols I prefer it to chill out and to live for the moment.And when I can combinate these things with hot dunes,the sea in front of my nose and the good majorcan cuisine.....
gareth jones
Favourite book/series: ADVENTURE SERIES
Favourite character: JACK TRENT

Re: Your favourite holiday location.

Post by gareth jones »

I My favorite holiday in fact was in your country peppy.It was my first trip Abroad in 1991
we spent a beautiful week in a village called Oberprechtal in the Black Forest in south-west of Germany.It was at the end of May and it was very hot. We also cruised up the Rhine on two occasions which was great,but the weather was'nt as hot. I also love Italy,Norway and Spain. Cruising are my favourite type of holiday.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I absolutely loved travelling in Norway because of the beauty of the mountains, meadows, rivers, fjords and islands. Also Morocco because of the wonderful hospitality of the people, the markets selling patterned carpets, silver teapots, lanterns, carved wooden items, etc, the beaches and the delicious food!

Some time in the future I'd love to go to China, India, Bangladesh and Iceland.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

I don't go abroad much - so I'd say my favourite holiday spot is our village/neighbouring villages up in the north-west (Sirajgonj, Rajshahi, Dewangonj etc.), Sylhet (particularly the place where you are standing on a rock in Bangladesh and looking at India on the other side of a stream) in the north-east and the sea (Cox's Bazar, St. Martin's Islands) in the south-east.

Sometime I'd like to see the Sunderbans in the south-west of Bangladesh - haven't been there. And I am bursting to see the tigers and deer, and monkeys and snakes and hippos - oh, when will that day come!!

Edit: I'd love to climb the Himalayas and Mount Everest. And of course, one of my biggest wishes is to travel around the whole world.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Also Morocco because of the wonderful hospitality of the people, the markets selling patterned carpets, silver teapots, lanterns, carved wooden items, etc, the beaches and the delicious food!
Anita
I found some of the Moroccan markets a little on the pungent side, particularly near the tanneries! Fez and Marrakech spring to mind.
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: Some time in the future I'd love to go to China, India, Bangladesh and Iceland.

Anita
How about coming to my country, Anita? Thousands of tourists visit the UAE each year to enjoy the hot summer sunshine and the safaris and so many other things!

Usually, for holidays, I go to Manchester, where I have a few of my relatives and I like it so much. I've been to Clayton, (a place in Manchester) thrice and I love it. I'd give anything for a glimpse for the beautiful English countryside.

I went to Greece, with my family a few years ago. It was fantastic and I was amazed to see those ancient buildings, the temples and so many other things.

It's been my lifelong wish to travel to the U.S., Russia, France and perhaps Romania!
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I also love Germany especially Bavaria or, for a city break, Berlin. it's such a fascinating city, both now and historically. I also loved Israel, Thailand and the U.S. I'd like to see South America and Scandinavia next.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

My late grandparents lived in Cornwall and I would spend a week with them every summer. Every day we would drive to a different resort such as Looe, Newquay, Mawganporth and Polzeath but my favourite one of all was Perranporth. Wherever else we went during the week, I would always insist we go to Perranporth.

Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

[Tony:] I found some of the Moroccan markets a little on the pungent side, particularly near the tanneries! Fez and Marrakech spring to mind.
I haven't been to Fez but one of the spice-shops in Marrakech set me off sneezing like mad! I believe Enid Blyton went round a market in Morocco (Casablanca, I think?) holding smelling-salts to her nose!
[Almas:] How about coming to my country, Anita? Thousands of tourists visit the UAE each year to enjoy the hot summer sunshine and the safaris and so many other things!
Who knows? - Maybe one day!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
dsr

Post by dsr »

Two favourites: 1 - Cruising the Norwegian Fjords (and oh, lucky me, I'm going there next August when there's a total eclipse of the sun at Spitzberegen to add interest) :D ; and 2 - USA, especially Milwaukee/Wisconsin, homes of the Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers (and oh, lucky me again, I'm going to the USA in November/December this year - San Diego and Chicago, this time, for a change) :D

:D mood - very happy!
DSR
peppermint peppy

..and one day I will visit England.Driving on the left is my proudly cherished speciality. :mrgreen:

Tony,
did you also smell the wonderful spices and incense?*brainwave*
arky72

Post by arky72 »

I love the Greek Islands - and the Greek food!
Procrastinate now, don't put it off.
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

My best ever holiday was when I was 17 and spent a week digging out a nice muddy pond in West Dorset. The weather was perfect, sunny & breezy but not too hot. We camped in an orchard alongside the pond, eating plenty of good healthy food. :mrgreen:

We dug by day, drank Palmers IPA by night in a variety of lovely little village pubs, I lost 1/2 a stone and fell in love for the first time. :oops: ( :D )

Two weeks ago John & I went back to see the pond, 28 years after meeting. We were delighted to see it being well cared for, and the area was as lovely as we remembered it. (It is just a mile from "River Cottage")

You don't have to travel across the globe to have the best times of your life!

Best wishes

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Susie

Post by Susie »

I like Dorset a lot so much to do. I like the fact that everyone speaks the same language as me, namely English. :D

Once we went to France when I was 12. I was so happy to practice my 1.5 years of learning french it really came to good use.
My dad ordered a taxi in German while we were in France, after an anxious wait of 10 min wait it actually came, we didn't think it would.

I would like to visit Cornwall is that Devon?,
Scotland, the Loch Nes Monster! :twisted:
the Swiss Alps,
and Italy
There is always something else new to learn.
peppermint peppy

Susie,which part of Italy would you visit?I'd like to visit Sicily and Sardinia.