Pets

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Moonraker

Re: Pets

Post by Moonraker »

Courtenay wrote:I met up with Julie recently and I didn't get to see little Rosie, though, as she hadn't had her last round of vaccinations at the time and wasn't yet allowed to go out in public.
Must've been your lucky day, then. :D
Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Finally got Scamper home today from his mother's place. While we all went off on our respective holidays. Scamp went off for one of his own. They have a big bungalow with a large garden and pond, heaven for my dog! And we know the owners very well because they're our family friends. :)
You can call me Sunskriti!
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

Daisy wrote:I've already seen it Chrissie - he looks as if he's having good fun!
Yes, he enjoys it very much, Daisy :).
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:Thanks, Chrissie I'll take a look. I popped a new photo of Rosie on Facebook yesterday sitting in the sunshine, Chrissie. :)
Julie, I will check it out now.
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Rather than make a 'pig' of myself, and 'hog' the other thread about my new guinea pigs, I thought I'd let those of you who might be remotely interested, that I've settled on Aniseed for my other piggy, although she'll probably be called Annie for short.

I had to make a snap decision as we had unexpected trip to the vets today, and so I needed names to book them in with. The dust which I'd noticed on the back of Annie on Sunday hadn't brushed of by today, and on closer inspection I thought dust wouldn't have stuck like that. A close look at Amy showed her with a similar problem, so I've just had to get them treated for mites. :roll:
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

My sister and I had guinea-pigs a long time ago and we called them after characters from Friends. We had Joey and Chandler to start but went through Phoebe and Monica too. My sister vetoed Ross and Rachel as she said she would feel stupid calling those names in the garden :roll: :lol:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Aniseed is a nice name!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Yes, a nice name, Katharine. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Thanks Anita and Eddie. I must admit I chickened out at the vets, and called her Annie, but I'm sure they've heard all sorts when it comes to pet names. I've just been to check them, they are looking a bit greasy and bedraggled which I'm hoping is a normal state to be in after their treatment. :?
Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

I like the name Aniseed, and Annie for short goes nicely with Amy :) . While the mites may well have been on them from where you got them, I would throw out the the hay and bedding and replace with new, especially the hay as that can easily have mites in it unless it's been treated properly before you buy it. If they have had a little vial of liquid applied to them as treatment it's normal for the fur to look greasy and messy until the liquid has been absorbed into the skin :) .
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

Just been reading some of this Thread, I have always liked Animals, there are no Pets, in my home, now, but there were in the past, first of all, a Cat, called Shandy, when Shandy left us, we had two more Cats, which were called Mollie and Ollie, also for a short while, we had two Rabbits, and a Hamster.

I can remember once, that Mollie, went missing for eight days, no idea where she was for those eight days.

I have got photographs of all three Cats (who lived in my home, in the past), on my Computer.
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Here's something I just found out: apparently Cats Protection has declared a National Black Cat Day, in order to encourage more people to adopt black cats from animal shelters — apparently they're less popular than other cat colours. (The link is to the BBC website, where owners have sent in some fun photos of their black cats.)

Having had two much loved black cats in my own family during my lifetime — Pusski (1976-1990) and Blacky (1991-2008) — I'm definitely among those in favour of rectifying the balance!! And of course, black cats feature among Enid Blyton's characters too, usually as witches' or wizards' cats, but always (as far as I remember) as good and helpful characters. The two I remember most are Cinders from The Wishing-Chair Again, with his "eyes as green as traffic lights", and needless to say, Mr Pink-Whistle's companion and helper Sooty!

Does anyone else here have a favourite black cat, real or fictional? :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

One of my favourite Black Cats, was Korky, who appears in Dandy Comic (which I used to read).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korky_the_Cat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of the Cats, who lived in my home, in the past, were all Black, but both Shandy and Mollie, did have some Black Fur.
Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

We picked up our Cody at the Fox Run Kennel in Barre, MA, yesterday in the afternoon and he went nuts with joy :)!
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Chrissie777

What Are You Doing Now?

Post by Chrissie777 »

Split from 'What Are You Doing Now?'

Cody destroyed two more squeakies this afternoon and evening.
Recently BarkBox sent us a little Wanted Poster cardboard frame and André took a photo of our toy shredder :).
I just posted it on my Facebook page a moment ago.
Hope you'll like it.
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock