Guidelines

Important forum announcements.
Moonraker

Re: Guidelines

Post by Moonraker »

I guess the probem lies with the size of Australia. It'd be a bit like organising a European event, for most people, it would entail a lot more than an hour's drive.
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

If it was a formal event people probably wouldn't mind travelling (I'll have to travel for 6 hours and stay overnight to come to the EB day) but most wouldn't for a casual gathering.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Fiona1986 wrote:If it was a formal event people probably wouldn't mind travelling (I'll have to travel for 6 hours and stay overnight to come to the EB day) but most wouldn't for a casual gathering.
I've just realised how off topic we are :oops:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Fiona1986 wrote:
On most phones the bottom left key or the bottom right key will change the typing format through lowercase/uppercase/numbercase. I have a touchphone now so I can't check it out.
Sorry it's off topic I know, but you are right, Fiona. Thanks for the advice. I can now do a capital letter on my phone when texting. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

You're welcome Julie! Glad to know I'm helping people send more grammatically correct text messages :lol:.

Incidentally, I've no idea how I managed to quote myself and add that message, I had intended to edit my original to add it once I noticed which thread I was posting in :?

And the off topicness continues...

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Should old people have mobile phones? :twisted:
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Why do you own one, then, if you pose that question? :twisted:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

The box may be old, but the contents are as young as ever. :D
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

That would apply to every other person here, then. :D

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Nah. You're a young box full of old stuff! :wink:
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

Maturity isn't all that age-related, old thing. :wink:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

No fool like an old fool, eh? :|
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Fiona1986 wrote:
Julie2owlsdene wrote:
Katharine wrote:
Julie, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to get a capital letter when sending a text!
:lol: We'll have to try and work it out at the E.B. Day, Katharine! :lol:

8)
On most phones the bottom left key or the bottom right key will change the typing format through lowercase/uppercase/numbercase. I have a touchphone now so I can't check it out.
Thanks Fiona, I'll try and remember that. I've had bad experiences in the past trying to change formats as I end up with predictive text and it always predicts words that aren't even close to what I want. On the whole I tend to stick to sentences of no more than about 3 or 4 words so I don't need puncuation very much. If a reply of more than about 6 words is needed, I'll just phone the person instead!
Moonraker wrote:Should old people have mobile phones? :twisted:
I think my phone and I are well suited. Last year I finally 'upgraded' my phone. I'd had it about 10 years and got it free with a jar of AVON face cream! My new phone cost the grand sum of £2.95. In addition to calls and text, apparently I've also got a torch and radio on there somewhere. Anything else would be far too technological for me. :wink:
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Katharine wrote: Thanks Fiona, I'll try and remember that. I've had bad experiences in the past trying to change formats as I end up with predictive text and it always predicts words that aren't even close to what I want. On the whole I tend to stick to sentences of no more than about 3 or 4 words so I don't need puncuation very much. If a reply of more than about 6 words is needed, I'll just phone the person instead!
If the left button changes it to predictive text then the right button will be for changing the case. I always used predictive text when I had an older style phone! I used to type my messages so fast I'd have to sit and wait for it all to appear on screen before I sent it. I don't like phones that guess your whole word when you've only typed a few letters though - they never seem to get it right. Mine were always the type to let you finish the word and then let you choose which combination of letters was right. If you didn't pay attention, though, you'd end up saying "I'm on the cup" (bus) or "I'm at Verbo" (Tesco). My iphone has a full qwerty keyboard on the screen but it still likes to change what I've typed if it thinks I've spelt it wrong :roll: usually it's just because it's a name.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

I think they're ok rules
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx