Message Board

Important forum announcements.
Tony Summerfield

Re: New Message Board

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Thanks Barney, I'm delighted to see that you have posted at last! Perhaps asking you to do the Message Board for us has brought you out of your shell! :lol:

I'm not quite sure why you have to refer to Anita and myself as 'big cheeses' though! :roll:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

A dog who has come out of his shell, eh? Does this make his writings Snail-Mail? Image

Welcome, anyway, Barney! Image
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome, Barney!
[Nigel:] Well, I have heard it all now. Calling Anita a dog...
I think I'd rather be a dog, even the female version, than a whiffy old cheese! :)

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Ming wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Well, I have heard it all now. Calling Anita a dog - remember, Ming, the lovely lady is an administrator and I would hate to see you banned from this forum as you were once before on another Blyton one!
Shut up, Nige, Anita (and you!) knows quite well what I meant!! :roll: And don't forget that you were banned too.
I hope Anita does know what you mean, Tass. She has said that she would rather be a dog than a smelly cheese. I hope the cheese isn't too smelly, or the pond will smell too. I hadn't forgotten that I was banned as well, but I'm hardly likely to mention it, am I? By the way, Ihope your fever has come down. :)
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Oh it has, I might be going to school tomorrow. :) But my cold has become worse than ever because, er, we spent quite a bit of the night out-of-doors, camping under the stars (or rather moon). We met a flute player, and he played it till I almost fell asleep, but then I went back in because it got too chilly.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Sounds fun, Ming! Hope your cold is soon better!

Anita

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Sounds very Blytonian Ming. I'm reminded of the scene in Five have a Wonderful Time where they are invited to dinner by the circus folk and then sit watching Alfredo do his fire eating tricks. :D

Best of luck getting rid of your cold. I've managed three of them this year so far and am thoroughly sick and tired of sniffing, gasping, coughing and blowing my nose till its sore. :|
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Ming wrote:But my cold has become worse than ever because, er, we spent quite a bit of the night out-of-doors, camping under the stars (or rather moon).
I look at you and suddenly,
Something in your eyes I see,
Soon begins bewitching me.
It's that old devil moon,
That you stole from the skies.
It's that old devil moon in your eyes.
Just when I think, I'm,
Free as a dove.
Old devil moon,
Deep in your eyes,
Blinds me with love.
Old devil moon,
Old devil moon.

Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

The moon! I think this calls for a new signature!! :D It's a picture I took ages ago, and it was hard to take it too.

Edit: Na, it doesn't look too good. :( I'll move it after a couple of days.

Society Member
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Hope you get rid of your cold soon Ming! :)
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Ming wrote:The moon! I think this calls for a new signature!! :D It's a picture I took ages ago, and it was hard to take it too.

Edit: Na, it doesn't look too good. :( I'll move it after a couple of days.
Oh, I don't know? It seems to me that you are just confirming what everyone knows, that I am such a bright inspiration in your life! :D
Society Member
Moonraker

Comments from Forum Members

Post by Moonraker »

I have read (and indeed posted) the comments with interest on the new Message Board. However, I wonder at the comments regarding the concept being aired there. Would it not be better to discuss this here rather than on the more public domain of the Message Board (MB)?
Stephen, on the Message Board, wrote:My only concern is that this "Post a Message" section does not develop at the expense of the forums section, which could cause it to close or shutdown, eventually.
As I see it, the MB is primarily for non-registered subscribers - members of the public who might have a question to ask or comment to make on either Enid Blyton or the Society itself, without the need to register. I can only see the Forums suffering if we ourselves use the MB as another thread in our conversations. I would suggest that we write here in the main, and then the MB will be used by people who don't wish to register on the Forums. I can see no reason why the Forums should suffer, only that more comment will be possible due to the addition of the MB.

When you scroll through the list of Members, it is quite incredible (to me, anyway) to see the number who have only posted once. Maybe the new MB will alleviate this.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

[Nigel:] It seems to me that you are just confirming what everyone knows, that I am such a bright inspiration in your life! :D
I think that calls for a rake, Ming! :twisted:

At the risk of making Moonraker even more swollen-headed and beaming :roll: , I do agree with his comments about the message board. Keith, you said in a post on the message board that you have set it so that the latest 20 posts show but that you might review that at some point. Personally I wonder if we need so many showing, as there are only about a dozen there at the moment and they already seem to dominate the Home Page. Perhaps 10 or so would be enough. What do others think?

Anita

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:
[Nigel:] It seems to me that you are just confirming what everyone knows, that I am such a bright inspiration in your life! :D
I think that calls for a rake, Ming! :twisted:
Chambers Dictionary give this definition of rake:

rake: noun; old use - a fashionable man who lives a dissolute and immoral life.

Is that how you see me, Anita? :wink:
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:there are only about a dozen there at the moment and they already seem to dominate the Home Page. Perhaps 10 or so would be enough. What do others think?
Personally I think about 7 would be enough, with a link to older messages somewhere. And whatever happened to the News page?

Society Member