Difficulty with private message.

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Difficulty with private message.

Post by MJE »

Hullo.

I've just tried sending a private message, and things don't seem to be behaving as I expected, and I'm not sure if I successfully sent it or not. Could anyone who knows about this please advise me?
     I composed the message and sent it, but after that the message remained in "Outbox", instead of going to "Sent messages", as I think it normally would. I tried again, and still it remained there. I really don't know what could have gone wrong - or is this the way it should work? (But other things I've sent are now in "Sent messages".)
     I've just tried a third time, to double-check; and it's still in "Outbox". But there is a notation beside it which says it was sent at 2.16 (even though it was really 1.16 Australian time). So maybe it hasn't been sent at all, or has been sent three times.
     Daisy, if you didn't get it, please let me know and I'll try again. I'll save the content somewhere separate, so if it's been lost in the forum, I'll have another copy and won't have to compose my reply all over again. Or if you did get it, please let me know. And if you got it three times, I apologize.
     Thanks.

Regards, Michael.
Last edited by MJE on 19 Aug 2011, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Re: Difficulty with private message.

Post by Pippa-Stef »

The message stays in the Outbox until the person you're sending it to reads it, Michael. I think.
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

That's correct Steph. I have it now thank you Michael and you will see your outbox is empty. I had the same problem some months ago until it was explained to me. It makes sense, because if you're expecting (or hoping for) a reply, you can check if yours has been picked up.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Pippa-Stef wrote:The message stays in the Outbox until the person you're sending it to reads it, Michael. I think.
Daisy wrote:...It makes sense, because if you're expecting (or hoping for) a reply, you can check if yours has been picked up.
     Oh, okay - thanks. I find it odd, actually, and I've never come across anything that works like that.
     Yes, I suppose it does make a kind of sense, but I think it's something most people wouldn't think of if it *wasn't* explained to them.
     Anyway, it has worked as you said; so now I'll know for next time - so thanks.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member