Popular Series

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Popular Series

Post by Ming »

I believe Keith or Tony is tweaking about with the main website. I just checked out the home page after spending an hour on the forums, and a new bit appeared. Very nice "buttons" for linking! I particularly like the Five Find Outers image.

PS. are some of them grayed out because the pages have not yet been created? And who wrote all the introductory text?

Good job, a very nice addition to the site.

Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Re: Popular Series

Post by Kate Mary »

Just when you think this website couldn't possibly get any better, up pops the new Popular Series buttons and jolly good they are too. Well done, Keith and Tony.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Trust sharp-eyed Ming to notice it first! :lol: You are of course right, some of the buttons don't work yet as we still have to create the pages, but we are working hard at it and more buttons will become live in a day or two. They are intended as quick link buttons, so that people can get straight to what they want without going through the Cave.

A major purpose is also to hopefully attract the search engines - at present the only new visitors we get are those who have searched for Enid Blyton - those searching for something like the Famous Five don't ever find us as they would probably have to plough through 300 pages of Google before we even get a mention - hopefully this new Home Page system will make a few people realise that we exist! :roll:
Tony Summerfield

Ming wrote:And who wrote all the introductory text?
As we wanted them 'dun proper in gud inglish', the Queen of Quizzes wrote the text, apart from Noddy where she was let off for good behaviour; that was written by someone who has never read a Noddy book! Scannerman then provided the illustrations and designed the page, which then winged its way to America for the Wizard to wave his magic wand and put it up on the site. I hope that answers your question! :lol:
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Tony Summerfield wrote:I hope that answers your question! :lol:
Zat is a vairy nice way to answer zis question. You are vairy kind, indeed to gootness you are! I thanks you. :lol:

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Wow those are very nice links indeed. I love that "Famous Five Stationery" picture. Was it a box of writing paper or something? Well done again to all those involved anyway, as has been said just when this site cant get any better it goes and does just that. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

At first I thought it made the Home Page very long - but now I think it's a great idea and works well.

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

Love the new pages! :D

Great work, Tony, Anita and Keith.
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Congratulations, Tony, Anita and Keith! The new pages are great. I'm looking forward to the Five Find-Outers button being up and working. :D :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

My computer isn't showing them properley yet, so it must be a fault our end. :roll:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

It all looks the same on my computer.... :(
Society Member
Philip Mannering

Can't wait for the pages to be finished. I'm looking forward to the Adventure Series, the Find-Outers, the Barney and the Secret series. The already done pages were superb!
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Tony Summerfield

Did you have problems downloading the Noddy page, Philip? I know you have complained about slowness in the past and there is a heck of a lot on that page. The Adventure page is one of three in the pipeline between England and America! :lol:
Philip Mannering

Well, I didn't. :D And I think I've got the reason why the pages didn't seem to be loading properly before - now they all do: Hurrah! My internet connection has become fast because we changed the company (the previous one was too and me and my brothers were becoming mad.) Now there is no problem. Hmm, I have a sudden idea; I'll check out the dustwrappers, that would be proof.....
Philip Mannering

Hmm; I just checked the dustwrappers again: apparently the internet isn't yet so fast as for them to load whole. But it is certainly an improvement, at least half of them are loading whereas they were wholly white before..... :lol: