New Web Site

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Katharine

Re: New Web Site

Post by Katharine »

Thank goodness no one took any notice of such stupid comments, and carried on with producing this fantastic web-site. I'm still amazed at the wealth of information that is provided on here, all free of charge. I do have the Bibliographies, and must admit that initially I was put off a bit by the price, but now I have them, I can see why they cost that much. I'm just thankful that Tony didn't include a charge for all the time he spent researching for the books. I think they'd be going for 3 figure sums if he did!!! :D
Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: Surely even Sobres would be impressed with the site now! :)

I doubt it, Anita. Some people seem to only be happy when complaining- so much easier to do! He (?) hasn't even taken a quick look since. I loved the replies you all gave him.

Jack
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Jack, you've taken the words out of my mouth! Of course he'd still find something to complain about. :roll:
Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Since I've joined the forums and the society this website has been invaluable. The forums alone can provide hours of entertainment and the cave of books is surely the most comprehensive guide to Enid's works anywhere. I only wish I had discovered it years ago. Praise to everyone who has had a hand in such a marvellous site. Long may it reign.
Society Member
deepeabee
Favourite book/series: The one I'm reading....
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville.

Post by deepeabee »

I just read this for the first time, not being one of the early members. I must say that I think you all do a sterling job and the site is fantastic. It must be a case of from little acorns big trees grow!

Thank you for a wonderful and informative site...with the benefit of fun, games and chat with other Blyton fans... 8)
SwatIsaid!

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Perhaps Sobres deafening silence since 2005 is his way of acknowledging that this web site finally meets and exceed his expectations...
I do hope so.It would be a shame if all the man hours,blood sweat and tears and admin that have gone in to making this the best web site in the world was unappreciated by our early and most honest critic.

This site is a labour of love.In my opinion,far better than any 'official' site ever would or could be.
When things are done out of love and genuine appreciation they often far excel the results produced through business and pounds shillings and pence.

Another site I frequent is run like this one and again it is far better than the so called 'official site' even though the resources available to the official site owners run into the millions and millions.
Perhaps this is because the fans know what they want and give the followers the things the 'official' set up can never provide.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

This has always been recognised as the Official Enid Blyton website, Pete, initially by Chorion and now by Hodders, the current copyright holders. I have just been speaking to Jon Appleton, who looks after Enid Blyton at Hodders, and he uses the website for reference all the time, one of the reasons why I am able to put as much as I do into the Cave.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Yes, I'm glad I too found this webiste. The internet was fairly new to me back in 2007, and I didn't surf the net like many do these days. I've made many friends from this website and being a member of the Society, and it's nice that we all have something in common. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Tony Summerfield wrote:This has always been recognised as the Official Enid Blyton website..
Well in that case Tony I hope you are being extremely well remunerated for running and providing it! :D

Society Member
pete9012S

Re:

Post by pete9012S »

Moonraker wrote: Moonraker » 05 Feb 2005, 23:52

I think it is a fantastic web site - much better than the old one. I think Matt and Tony are to be congratulated! As for the subscription; it is marvellous value. For a little more than 3 pints of beer, we have three super journals a year plus the benefits of the "secret" web pages! :D

Nigel Rowe (not hiding behind a pseudonym!)
I'm not quite sure what the price of an average pint of beer is these days, but The Journal and The Cave are still providing us with the most excellent value and quality content!

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Just logged into the forums and instead of the maroon banner at the top, it was bright blue! I refreshed the page and it returned to maroon. Gremlins?
Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Could it be cookies on your pc from arranging the colours on your own site?
Just a mad guess - I'm sure there are much more knowledgeable pc experts here who may know the answer.

Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

It sounds like it could have just been a data error caused by dropped data in the download. Possibly the hex-number of the relevant colour in the code getting corrupted first time but being corrected on the refresh. Just one of those things and not a major problem, I would think.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member