Membership

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yes, great news Susie, and welcome to the inner sanctum of the Society!

Keith has extremely eloquently put the benefits of membership, which I wholly endorse.

I too, was a member of the FF club, and received the badge (unfortunately lost, but have since replaced). I had a personal letter from Enid - such was her love of children, that she would write personal replies. Sadly, that too, I don't have that either.

Now then, how about an ice-cream or a ginger beer?

:roll:
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Ooooh! A letter from ENid! How nice! Oh, I wish you still had it with you!!

Society Member
Susie

Post by Susie »

I just got it on Saturday, that was quick delivery! :D
I have only glanced through it, coz I'm saving it to read later tonight, and it looks fascinating!
There is always something else new to learn.
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Re: Membership

Post by Philip Mannering »

I am really looking forward to join. I know I will, there's no question about that; but the question is when. Next month or the start of 2009? I'll have to decide, but I think I will join in late December. Looking forward to the serials, which sound amazing!
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Philip Mannering wrote:I am really looking forward to join. I know I will, there's no question about that; but the question is when. Next month or the start of 2009? I'll have to decide, but I think I will join in late December. Looking forward to the serials, which sound amazing!
ASAP, my old friend; ASAP! :D
Society Member
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

Moonraker wrote:
Philip Mannering wrote:I am really looking forward to join. I know I will, there's no question about that; but the question is when. Next month or the start of 2009? I'll have to decide, but I think I will join in late December. Looking forward to the serials, which sound amazing!
ASAP, my old friend; ASAP! :D
At first I didn't know what ASAP meant until I Googled it! But I'm already getting Journal 37 for free (thanks Tony!), and to subscribe just now won't be too good. However, I shall look into it.
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

Hi , I agree . I love the forums and the new one where we can share things with barney . I had to give up my membership of the society along with other things when I had to give up my paper round when I had cancer earlier this year . I used to use my paper money to renew things as I`m on benefits so don`t know when I will be able to rejoin as I do not have any pocket money . I do miss the Journal very much but hope one day to have it again Until then I really do enjoy the forums etc, and chatting to other fans , from sue :) I know £8 does not seem a lot but it is when you dont have it.
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

Hi ANITA I WAS IN THE EBS BUT HAD TO DROP IT WHEN I GAVE UP MY PAPER ROUND LAST YEAR DUE TO CANCER . I `M UNEMPLOYED SO HAD TO DROP A LOT OF THINGS I WAS IN AS I CANT RENEW THEM ON DOLE MONEY. I MISS THE JOURNAL AND AM TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER ROUND BUT UNTIL I DO I SHALL HAVE TO BE PATIENT AND RENEW WHEN I CAN . £8 IS NOT A LOT I KNOW BUT WHEN YOU HAVENT GOT THEN IT IS .
HEY , WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR EBS BADGE FROM? COULD YOU MAKE ME A SECRET 7 BADGE ON A CLOTH BUTTON ? THANKS VERY MUCH HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM SUE . :)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

My EBS badge was given to me by Tony at the EB Day a few years ago, Sue, as a thank you for helping out a bit with the Society. I wish I could make a Secret Seven badge but I'm afraid I haven't got the time. Sewing isn't my strong point and, except for sewing on buttons and taking up hems where necessary, I tend to avoid it!

Hope 2009 will be a better year for you, Sue, and that you'll keep well and find another paper round.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi ANITA,thanks for your reply , i`m rubbish at sewing too ---all comes to bits when i`ve done it and buttons come a day or so later! thanks anyway . sue :)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: Sewing isn't my strong point and, except for sewing on buttons and taking up hems where necessary, I tend to avoid it!
Sue, if you saw Anita's socks, you'd know what she meant! :twisted:
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Say what you like about my socks - I don't give a darn! :lol:
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Say what you like about my socks - I don't give a darn! :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can wash the clothes or rather put the clothes into the washing machine happily.

I can wash the plates,pan happily.

I LOVE cooking.I LOVE to experiment with new recipes.

I am okay with dusting,sweeping.

BUT

I HATE ironing.Errgh.

And MOST OF THE TIME.....

My Indonesian housemaids will do the sweeping,dusting,washing and ironing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I do the cooking only. :lol:
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Say what you like about my socks - I don't give a darn! :lol:
I wasn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, honest!
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Moonraker wrote:
I wasn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, honest!
Sock it to him Anita. :lol:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member