The Enchanted Wood with dj

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: The Enchanted Wood with dj

Post by Wolfgang »

Courtenay wrote:Yes, but I'm not a "real" collector and I don't actually read Enid Blyton books that often (a dangerous confession to make around here, I know :shock: :oops: ).
Why dangerous? Even "Chicago" realised that lovers need a holiday from each other ;-).
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: The Enchanted Wood with dj

Post by Courtenay »

Wolfgang wrote: Why dangerous? Even "Chicago" realised that lovers need a holiday from each other ;-).
Yeah, and my Enid Blyton books don't get jealous if I read books by other authors. :twisted: :wink: No, seriously — I do absolutely love Enid's works and believe she is one of the greatest children's authors of all time, but I don't feel the need to have every book she ever wrote and I don't feel the need to have at least one on the go all the time. I just collect certain Blyton books or series that are special to me and am grateful to be able to pick them up and read them (or even just dip in!) any time I like. But I do have a full time job and plenty of other activities I'm involved with and other interests and other authors I like... ideally, I would like to read Blyton books more often, but I don't always have the time! :lol:
Rob Houghton wrote:
Courtenay wrote:Oh goody. I was planning a trip to Australia anyway... does this mean I can get it all expenses paid?? :mrgreen: :wink:
Of course, lol! It might take about 4 - 6 months to get there though... :lol:
And in leg irons?? (gulp) :shock: :P
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)