Rubbalong Tales first edition with dust jacket

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Rubbalong Tales first edition with dust jacket

Post by sixret »

£3.00. Good value. Although this book is not highly sought after but it is still relatively difficult to get the first edition in dust jacket in good condition overall. This is your chance. I think there will be no bid competition based on my previous observation(nobody wanted to bid this title each time this title was listed previously) but I may be wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubbalong-Tal ... 2534511069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was very lucky I bought the book from Liz aka Aunt Fanny for £2.50. The book is first edition in superb(almost like new and mint) condition. Even the dust jacket is now in protective mylar. Below is the link:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... =10&t=7384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Rubbalong Tales first edition with dust jacket

Post by pete9012S »

Thanks for the info Sixret.Looks like a good condition book.
Is there anything you're particularly trying to get your hands on at the moment?
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Rubalong Tales is certainly well worth having - for the Norman Meredith illustrations, if nothing else, which are all in black and white and two other colours (green and red or green and orange) plus the lovely end papers. My first edition also only cost around the same price. :-) As Sixret says, its not a book that many people seem to bid on, but it's a really nice book, I think!
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

No, not books at the moment, Pete but I am looking for Enid Blyton's Adventure magazine No. 8 to complete my collection. So far, haven't got a luck yet. :D

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/blyt ... perid=4334" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

I'll keep my eyes open.I recently bid unsuccessfully for some of those magazines on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAMOUS-5-ENID ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm looking for a good condition version of Five Have Plenty Of Fun with Betty Maxey illustrations.
There are a few on ebay,but when you check with the seller to confirm they are indeed illustrated by Betty Maxey as the sellers blurb proclaims the seller's invariably reply that as the book are 'in a warehouse far away' they cannot physically check for me...Grrrr.

I've already bought one or two described as 'Illustrated by Betty Maxey' that weren't when they arrived!!!!
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

pete9012S wrote: There are a few on ebay,but when you check with the seller to confirm they are indeed illustrated by Betty Maxey as the sellers blurb proclaims the seller's invariably reply that as the book are 'in a warehouse far away' they cannot physically check for me...Grrrr.
Sorry, for some reason I'm getting visions of "A long time ago, in a warehouse far, far away..." :shock: :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)