Tales of Toyland First Edition with dust jacket.

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Tales of Toyland First Edition with dust jacket.

Post by sixret »

£25.20. This book is fairly hard to find in dust jacket first edition. This is your chance if you are really a collector.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tales-Of-Toyl ... Sw32lY0q40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or

£36.00 in better dust jacket.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1944-1st-ENID ... OxyVaBSpad~" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These two are the best offer so far throughout the online markets. The price for first edition with dust jacket is usually higher than £100 or more.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Re: Tales of Toyland First Edition with dust jacket.

Post by Rob Houghton »

I saw one of these - and was tempted - but I prefer the illustrations in the later editions, by Grace Lodge. 8)
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Re: Tales of Toyland First Edition with dust jacket.

Post by sixret »

Thank you so much for letting me know. I was not aware of Grace Lodge's 1952 edition at all! :oops:

So after reading your comment, I quickly looked at The Cave and I have been hooked! Very beautiful wrap around. So I've just bought it not too long ago for £10 on Amazon. Thank you so much.

Arriving 25 May - 7 Jun
Not yet dispatched
Track package

Tales of Toyland ... Illustrated by Grace Lodge. With new illustrations
Enid Blyton
Sold by: The Loft Library
£10.00
Condition: Collectible - Acceptable - A well worn copy though pages are tight and largely unmarked (apart from some rubbing to 'invitation'page), dust jacket which has some damp staining on reverse, is uncut (price 6s net), title page and front pastedown has evidence of damp staining, back green board cover is slightly marked, no inscriptions, prompt first class dispatch from UK.

I will see if the actual book is better than the seller's description or not.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!